MOBILISING FOR A RESEARCH REVOLUTION TO ENSURE SEXUALLY DIVERSE COMMUNITY INCLUSION IN ASIA: A HIGH-IMPACT, TRANSFORMATIVE INTERNATIONAL PARTNERSHIP (MFARR-ASIA)
Timeline: 2019-11-01 - 2024-03-31
PI: - Professor Sabina Faiz Rashid, Dean and Director, CGSRHR, BRAC JPGSPH.
- Peter Newman (University of Toronto)
Coordinator: -Farhana Alam, Assistant Director, CGSRHR, BRAC JPGSPH
Objective:- To generate a shared understanding of characteristics and priorities of LGBTIQ inclusion in six sectors: education, employment, family, violence/security, health and political participation;
- To measure and monitor Sexually Diverse Community inclusion in four countries (India, Thailand, Bangladesh and Hong Kong) over time;
- To identify model programs and initiatives, and good practices to support Sexually Diverse Community inclusion;
- To increase access to and use of knowledge by community-based organization (CBO) and intergovernmental organization (IGO) partners through innovative knowledge mobilization, including participatory video"
Methodology: Mixed method
Donor: - Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Partner: - Oboyob: Diversity Circle
- Bandhu Social Welfare Society